The COVID-19 crisis has made the world come to a halt. The employment sector in particular was hit hard, as companies ceased recruiting and some even laid off employees. At the same time, some brick-and-mortar stores were forced to shift and adapt to e-commerce practices because people were not allowed to leave their homes. Fortunately, after a few tough and challenging months, businesses are managing to bounce back and pivot their models.
According to the Seek report, there are a number of industries that are experiencing job growth in the wake of COVID-19. The period between August 2019 and August 2020 saw job ads decrease by 29.1 percent. However, through April 2020, the employment marketplace is reporting that job demand across all states are recovering at different rates, which some states are already returning to pre-COVID job ad levels.
See also: 7 Hard Skills That’ll Guarantee You Job
As per Seek report, there are 3 industries which have experienced the highest job growth, including Information and Communication, Technology, Human Resources and Recruitment, Banking and Finance industries. If you are looking for a new job or career, considering HR job or career in finance might be a good choice during the pandemic. If you want to try other careers, here are 10 industries with the most jobs to consider in 2021 (with job ad percentage change by industry).
- Advertising, arts and media with job ads grow by 16 percent
- Consulting and strategy with job ads grow by 13 percent
- Human resources and recruitment with job ads grow by 12 percent
- Legal with job ads grow by 11 percent
- Banking and financial services with job ads grow by 7 percent
- Farming, animals, and conservation with job ads grow by 7 percent
- Design and architecture with job ads grow by 6 percent
- Engineering with job ads grow by 5 percent
- Marketing and communications with job ads grow by 5 percent
- Government and defence with job ads grow by 5 percent
- Information and communication technology with job ads grow by 4 percent
- Healthcare and medical with job ads grow by 1 percent
New job opportunities are emerging and demand for certain jobs is rising. Don’t miss your chance because the right time to change is today! If you are looking for assistance in career change or growth, our partner Talentvis is here to help. Talentvis is a team of expert recruiters, helping job seekers navigate their current career landscape and find the perfect job. Talentvis could be the RIGHT partner for talents like you – collaborate today!