Flexi work arrangement, remote job, and freelance opportunity are probably the most common buzzwords among Millennial workers nowadays. As more and more people are looking beyond the typical 9-5 jobs, these types of jobs that offer freedom and authority to choose our own working style is getting more popular as well.
The number of people seeking flexi jobs are jumping drastically. A study revealed the number of workers who prefer freelancing, telecommuting, and part-timing has increased up to 115 percent. From 2005 to 2017, the number has hit up from 1.8 million to 3.9 million. Up until today, this trend is predicted to grow tremendously for the next few years. Additionally, flexi job and remote options are popular choices amongst millennial and generation Z.
Are you one of them?
If yes, these choices of jobs might suit you. These jobs are a match for those who prefer home-based morning rather than traffic-based morning. Offering competitive salary, these are the best comfortable home-based jobs.
See also: Jobs in-Demand in 2019: LinkedIn Survey
Note: all the mentioned salary are generated by PayScale.
Choice #1 Writer
If you are interested in publishing your own novel or simply writing for web or blog, you could actually make some grands from your passion.
Average writer salary: $48,712
Average additional compensation: $1,987
- You are responsible for providing written content for companies in form of articles, blog post, manuscript, website text, and other creative content.
- You will work under executives or senior writers.
- You might be asked to review content for publication.
- You might consider applying as writer if you have degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
Choice #2 Teacher/Tutor
With our advanced technology today, being a teacher does not require you to be present in the classroom to teach. You can use technology like Skype or Google Video call to teach your students all over the globe. Websites like Teach Away or iSLCollective will ease your job to find students from all over the world.
Average teacher salary: $46,133
Average additional bonus: $1,350
- You are required to have good Wi-Fi connection.
- You are able to make lesson plan according to students’ ability.
- You might need a degree in education or related field according to teaching position you apply.
Choice #3 Web developer/designer
If you are familiar with coding or creating websites for personal, companies, and other entities, you might want to consider this job. By becoming a web designer, you will get:
Average salary up to $49,202
Average additional bonus and commission up to $5,354
- You should be able to create and maintain website for customer.
- You must be able to code sites that are simultaneously compatible with platform.
- You should be familiar with the latest technology and have excellent computer programming and coding skills.
- You are savvy with problem-solving skills.
- At least, you should have associate or degree in computer programming or related field.
Choice #4 Website application tester
If you are interested in testing apps, this job is for you. This job requires high concentration and focus as you need to identify for potential bugs.
Average web application tester salary: $68,727
- You are responsible for testing and monitoring websites and web applications.
- You should possess programming skills and have commitment to accuracy.
- The job might require degree in programming, computer, or related field.
Choice #5 Virtual assistant
Being a virtual assistant means you should provide support to other businesses from remote location. You support business in terms of providing basic customer service activities online, arranging for advertisement, and making appointments. In another word, you are required to be a people-person.
Average virtual assistant salary: $32,240
Additional bonus: $800
- You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You should have an outstanding computer skills.
- You are responsible for creating slides, digital graphics, and charts for online and print copies or reports.
- You should have good internet connection.
- No exact degree required but you should be familiar with running Windows 7 or newer OS.
Choice #6 Travel agent
If you have wide knowledge about tourism and traveling, maybe you will be a good candidate for this position. Travel agent is a related service to public for customers be it in group or individual.
Average travel agent salary: $36,383
Average additional bonus and commission: $5,410
- You need to have planning and booking skills.
- You are required to have good customer service skills, general travel knowledge, and computer skills.
- This job requires a few formal education but not specified.
Read also: What are Jobs of The Future?